Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dear Milo

It's been two weeks since you were born, two weeks since a day that

cannot be compared to anything I have ever experienced. Two

wonderous, crazy and eventful weeks.


Your mum and I have loved watching you, talking to you, holding you,

feeding you (well, she's done that bit because I ain't got no milk to give

you son) and each night fills us with anticipation for the next day.


Your birth has reminded me of the gravity of my debt, your debt - our

debt. I believe - I know - that every single thing under the sun belongs to

God, everything. I am his, your mother is and so are you. As precious as

you are to us, you are ultimately his. This life you have coursing through

your body is a gracious gift from him. What we owe is not money, or a

favour, or time. I owe him my life, so do you.


How then do you repay him?


Eat, fart, poo, burp, laugh, pray, learn, work, dance, sleep, talk, sing and

love in ways that show just how incredibly magnificent God is. Beyond

that, your only other task is to extend to others the same love & grace

that God extends to you. Also, in case you ever wonder why you are here,

it is simply for this - to show his magnificence. Therein is your meaning

and contentment.


I know already that you will be good at a hundred things, brilliant at a

thousand. Before you even score a goal or win an award, know that I am

deeply proud of you.


We love you with a depth and strength that no words could contain.


Let's have fun Milo, let's have fun.


Love, cuddles & sloppy kisses


Your Dad


......sounds like your nappy needs to be changed.

No comments: