Thursday, January 19, 2012

Milo's essentials...


Milo and Sophie. She is easy to wash when spewed on.
Milo and Milly. We risked no bib to quickly take this photo! He did vomit on her couch though. Sorry Milly.


The two most important things to take out with Milo and have on hand at all times in general are bibs and face washers. It's a big call, but I would say they are more important than nappies. I don't have to change his nappies when we are out that much, but I do have to mop up spew and dribble frequently. Yesterday we went to a picnic and in two hours Milo went through three bibs and two face washers.

Some of the best bibs we got as presents are the homemade ones (thanks Siede/Atkinson clan, Alisa, Robyn, Carli and Renee). Most homemade ones have a terry towelling side, essential for mopping up spew. Milo is a super stealthy spewer, it falls out of his mouth silently and he is seemingly unfazed by it. His fabric toys cop spew and he has spewed on a lot of people.

So we go through at least six bibs at day. All of his cute outfits are hidden by bibs. So I thought I need to start making them myself. And if it works I am going to make and sell them too. So this week we caught up with Milly because it's been a long time since I sewed and she helped me make the two bibs in the top picture. The one he is wearing on the bottom left is from the Siede/Atkinson clan.

Design aspects that must be considered:

-Must be tight around the neck to try and stop spew getting between Milo's chins
-Must have a terry towelling side
-Must be cute fabric
-Must be decent size

So what do you think peeps?

ps - Thanks Milly, you're such a great friend.

No comments: