![]() |
| Milo's freezer drawer of food |
Now that Milo is on solids there is lots of food making going on in our house. I love making his food. I didn't expect to because whilst I love baking and find it relaxing, I often find cooking dinner a rush, not such an enjoyable experience. It is if I am organised with it, but it's not my favourite thing to do. I thought I might find making all of Milo's food a bit of a pain, but I don't.
My friend Emma bought me an Annabel Karmel (baby/toddler food guru) baby and toddler meal planner. So I am armed with recipes galore. I am praying Milo doesn't have food intolerances like me, so I plan on introducing as much as possible and there are recipes he can have in a few months that have garlic and onion in them, so hopefully he is fine with both!
Anyway, I saw this steamer/blender online and thought that it would be a great idea. Cath has one and loves it and that was enough to convince me (I was nearly convinced, then to hear such a positive review from Cath sealed the deal). All you do is chop up the fruit or vegetable, put it in the jug, add 50ml of water for each five minutes you need to steam and turn the dial. It steams, dings when it is done, you leave it for two minutes, turn it over and blend. Done. Then you can freeze a batch of puree in portions. I love then putting the frozen portions in ziplock bags labelled with what is in there and the date I made it. Right up my alley.
I shopped around and found a great online deal for the steamer/blender as it is quite expensive in the main baby shops.
So to any of you making baby food now or in the future I highly recommend this appliance! I have even made Clarence a smoothie in it.
*photo of steamer blender from philips.com.au


No comments:
Post a Comment