Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Finally, the final day in Paris




This blog has been a bit slow coming because I have been kinda preoccupied and busy finishing up with work and getting ready for this baby to arrive. I am happy to say the almost everything is ready, there are a few more things I want to organise in the nursery but the baby's hospital bag is packed, I have got the supplies I need for hospital and could pack quickly if need be and I am ready to meet this little, fat person.

But I do want to share with you our final day in the most beautiful city in the world.

We started off the day like we had most days in Paris, with a soy chai latte. Had to be Starbucks because nowhere else seems to do soy milk! Did my final Sephora shop (oh love...)! And we said farewell to the Left Bank.


Then we headed to the Musee de Carnavalet (the museum of the history of Paris). This is a picture of the gardens, beautiful! And free entry. This is in the Marais, where we stayed in Paris.


After that we strolled down to Place de Vosges and just relaxed there for a while, my legs were positively aching by this stage...




I think it must be one of the very few places in Paris where you are actually allowed to sit on the grass, so we took advantage of the and relaxed, it was a beautiful day, as if to rub in the fact that our glorious time in the most beautiful city in the world was almost at an end.


We ended the day with dinner at Les Philosophes. Delicious food and great service in the Marais. It was a very busy night in the Marais that night. I couldn't figure out why there were so many chains and so much leather all before 7pm. Then a float came down the street with Madonna's Vogue blaring, turned out it was the day of the gay pride march in Paris!


This is our view of the Swiss Alps as we flew home. Sad.

Paris is cemented as my favourite place in the world. I cannot wait to go back. I really, really hope to live there one day, even if just for a year. Paris, I heart you!!

Clarence, thank you for the best holiday I have ever been on. Thanks for looking after me and for the best babymoon anyone could ever hope for! I love you to bits!

Blog readers, I hope you have enjoyed our tales of travel. I have enjoyed sharing our adventures with you and hope you are inspired to visit this amazing city if you have never been there before, it is well worth it!


1 comment:

Rhiannon Ward @ Love Wisdom Motherhood said...

Sounds like it was an amazing holiday! Does this mean your blog now becomes a new mummy blog??!!
xx