Thursday, February 2, 2012

Our new local

The cutest teapots ever

Milo has become accustomed to the cafe lifestyle. Loving his portability, I know it will change!

French toast with rhubarb and strawberries
While retail shops seem to be shutting down in my local hood, new cafes are popping up. I go to one place that makes amazing chai teas, but is quite grotty. I love a soy chai made with real tea as opposed to the powder or syrup. So when I tried out this new cafe and the chai came in this little pot and tasted great, I was won over.

Great things about my new local:

-The chai
-The cups and saucers
-The fact that I walk in and they start making me a soy chai with no honey before I order
-The fact that they already know I am fructose intolerant, can't have honey and check food ingredients with me (I don't even have to say anything, they ask if I can have everything in the dish I order)
-When they accidentally gave me a dish with honey (I didn't think it had honey so I hadn't asked for no honey), they replaced the meal and then when it wasn't what I had ordered (the specials board had changed and they forgot), they gave it to me for free and sent me home with a free muffin (delicious)
-It's pram friendly
-It's unpretentious
-They massively won me over when I saw the owner doing toilet checks... they are clean!!!

So their fuss over my food intolerances is a bit embarrassing, but they make the effort, they don't make me feel bad about it and the food is good. Obviously the service is great too.

As I don't like to put locations on my blog if you want to know where it is just ask, I'll let you know!

1 comment:

Tatenda Mudariki said...

Sounds Awesome..where is it??