Tuesday, July 2, 2013

DIY: reading cushion

I saw this reading cushion on a lovely blog by Sarah Jane and was inspired to have a go at making one for Milo! It turned out to be quite straightforward (once I found pre made piping, thank you etsy), and enjoyable. Most importantly it's a hit with Milo, who loves to read. I am going to make another one soon for baby #2 with a designated reading nook in mind for both kids. I hope baby #2 loves reading as much as Milo and I do.

The instructions for the reading cushion can be found here - on the Living with Punks blog. I made it a little bit bigger than the blog calls for (as Sarah Jane had), adding 5 inches to the side panels and an inch to the circle's diameter. I used fabric from the Emily Taylor Pirate Matey collection. 





Here is the finished product, complete with a handle making it easy for Milo to carry from his room to his play area in the lounge room. Clarence would like me to make him an adult sized one :) 

No comments: