I am super duper sentimental. If a few days pass and I haven't taken photos of Milo or Olive I think I have missed something and that I will look back and wish I had taken more photos. I don't look through their photos all the time, but Milo has albums on the computer for each month of his life up to one year old, then six month timespan folders. Clearly the photo taking drops off after the first year! One of the reasons I like blogging is because I can look back at a period of time and see what Milo, and now Olive, looked like and were doing. Maybe because when I look at the kids I see them how they are now, not what they looked like at different ages, so I love having a record of times past.
I saw these Milestone Baby Cards illustrated by Beci Orpin online and I decided I must have them for the next baby (I was pregnant with Olive at the time). I got them in time to start from the two week card. There are cards for age (from 1 week to 1 year, it is in months after the newborn stage, weeks prior to that), as well as all the firsts the first year should bring (first smile, laugh, first time the baby sits, crawls, walks, sleeps through the night etc). With Milo I took photos every month with the iPad saying how many months old he was, but I like this because they capture other milestones. I acknowledge the camera may not come out for all these milestones but even if I capture the moments with the iPhone I will be happy!!
You can get them online from a few places - I got mine from littleragamuffin.com.au but you can also get them at babydonkie.com.au - I have had great customer service from both websites (I just love great customer service). I hope to have a nice collection of photos by the time Olive turns one :)

No comments:
Post a Comment