Thursday, March 13, 2014

One of those weekends.

You know those really nice weekends where you do seem to get the balance right between hanging out and relaxing with your faves and getting the stuff done you need to get done? The first weekend of Autumn was like that for us. I don't know how to replicate it exactly... I am trying Click and Collect at our local supermarket - I order everything we need online then we just go in and collect it, someone having in effect done the shopping for you. It seems good in theory but we are yet to have a week where they don't make at least one mistake. Usually I wait for at least ten minutes for the staff to get organised and get the order from the back too, sometimes I think it would be quicker to just shop. We also get our fresh fruit and vegetables home delivered which is great. This is also causing me to order everything on a Friday and plan the meals a week ahead. I was doing this, but often just before the Saturday shop which took a couple of hours all up, eating into family time significantly. This is especially evident when Clarence is singing at church on a Sunday morning and Saturday is our only day together for the week.

Add in trying to do some exercise (because in reality I am doing that when Clarence is home and I can get out minus any children). I have been consistently been doing an exercise class on Saturday mornings and the odd swim on Sunday afternoons which makes me feel great. And I am also trying to relax if the routine I have the kids in isn't met entirely on the weekends... Haha! This is a challenge for me but I am managing.

So here is a snapshot of said ideal weekend. Has anyone got any tips to have more weekends like this?

Olive was pumped on Friday afternoon that the weekend had arrived!
Milo doing his best meerkat impersonation. I can see it.
Olive started solids and I am back in the world of pureeing.
We enjoyed lunch at a local festival. It was lovely.
People relaxing at the festival.
Milo took this photo with my phone, hence his finger smudge down the bottom.
His best shot of the two of us. I like it.

No comments: