So I made it to my goal.
That was after selling 31 boxes of fundraiser chocolates (thanks to people who sold some for me), entered an essay competition for International Nurse's Day and won a prize, had a Tupperware fundraising party and received gifts from wonderfully generous people.
The whole experience has been incredibly humbling and has taught me a few things:
Firstly, I discovered a love of Tupperware. I want to be a Tupperware lady when I get back so that I can get it cheap and fill my kitchen with it. It suits my anal, mildly OCD nature down to a T.
Secondly, and much more importantly, I have amazing friends and colleagues. People have given so generously so I could be a part of a team of people providing free healthcare to people who otherwise would not have access to it. That is something bigger than me and people believed in the cause enough to get behind it. This has been an amazing thing to see and I am humbled and so very, very grateful to all of you.
To everyone who bought a chocolate, to those of you who didn't even take your change from the box, to those of you who bought Tupperware, to those of you who have given financially, THANK YOU. You have enabled me to take part in something bigger than me and a bit scary, but something that I am sure will be incredibly worthwhile and impacting on my life. Keep me in your thought and prayers this week. I may not be able to blog and post photos from Zimbabwe but will do so as soon as I am able so I can share the experience with you.
ps-it's 4:35am in South Africa. I have been awake for more than 2 hours. How can I be so tired and yet not sleep?? Enjoying my last few hours with Clarence before we start a week apart :(
2 comments:
Babe, you have made me so proud. Pressing ahead when the odds were against you, and now, you're about to help bring health to hundreds of kids in a struggling nation. That's one of the reasons I love you so - you put others before yourself.
Hi guys. I am thinking of you as you leave for your seperate destinations this morning. Franni, know that you are in my prayers constantly while on mission. Clarence, know that I am sooooo jealous that you will be with John and Rona. Kiss them hus them and then do it all over again for me. Both of you enjoy each moment because it may be sometime before you get to do this again. Lots of warm hugs, kisses and love from the Tobgui's
Post a Comment