Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Polly Pocket

In January we said goodbye to a precious member of our family, our dog Katie. She didn't ever get called Katie though, her most common names when she died were Fat Fat and Oodgal (another word for fat). She wasn't fat in actual fact, but I love fat things, especially fat babies. Mmmm delicious.

While I still miss her every day, I've been telling my parents to get a new dog for months coz I miss having one around. My dad had taken to walking a neighbour's dog every day, but didn't see he could do with his own!

Last week when I was on night duty mum left a voicemail saying she had something to show me. I don't go anywhere on nights. I work, come home, shower, eat and sleep, get up, eat and go back to work. I wear my dressing gown between getting up and putting scrubs on. So to ask me to get dressed and come and visit is an out there request.

Clarence came home and said we should go visit the parentals and that he would like a cup of Big G's tea (they are wonderful). I thought this was weird, because he knows I don't go anywhere on night duty. I said I couldn't be bothered and he kept asking.... Weird. Then finally Clarence said "your mum has found a dog they want to get and wants to show you so she can get it tomorrow".

Ok, so that's exciting. But I still couldn't be bothered, couldn't mum email me the link with the picture of the dog?? Clarence in another attempt to get me to go over to see mum and dad said he was going without me. Great, send me the link then. But he said that would be a hassle.

So Clarence finally gives in and tells me they got a dog, it was supposed to be a surprise and could I please come and meet her. Poor guy, he tried so hard to make it a surprise...!

I couldn't get dressed quick enough. Mum told me no nicknames until she learns her name is Polly. I can't help myself though, she's small like Polly Pocket, so already that's what I call her!

No comments: