There is something so nice about the sleep the morning night duty finishes.
You know that tonight you don't have to stay awake all night. Those nights you had been dreading are over. And you don't HAVE to sleep, so you sleep the best you have in days.
Usually I get home and I am desperate for bed after being awake all night. My nights last week were good, I actually enjoyed them. Thanks to Shaz, I had sleeping pills for the first time. I had half an old lady dose and that was enough for me. I slept 8 hours every day, usually waking a couple of times but the difference was instead of stressing about the fact I needed to get back to sleep, I just fell back to sleep. I woke up not feeling like I'd been hit by a bus, but fresh.
One day my upstairs neighbour was moving furniture, in the middle of the day. Perfectly legitimate. Except I was trying to sleep in the room below. So I sent her a text message and asked her nicely to keep the noise down because I was on night duty. She was so nice about it I bought her a cupcake to say thanks.
Shame about the nasty flu I caught on nights though. I've been home sick all week. Blogging is the most productive thing I have done. I need to go have a rest now I've been sitting up for half an hour! I am under strict medical instructions to not to any housework. Good.

No comments:
Post a Comment