The last week of November was plumber filled. It began with a blocked toilet. Great. The plumber who usually fixes our toilet was able to come quickly. He has to come every few months because of the root system from a vine next door.
This teradactal looking monstrosity is what came out of the pipe! As you know germs are not my friend... This plumber opens poo pipes with his bare hands! He helped himself through the back door, unplugged my toaster with his dirty hands and plugged his pump in. He also wore his shoes inside (we are a no shoes inside household). The shoes I saw him kick poo with... I was dying on the inside.
![]() |
| The root system that came out of the pipe, GROSS! |
Then he asked me for a bucket to rinse out the poo pipe. I told him my bucket had nappies in it. Yuck!!! As if I would let you use my buckets for that! He had one, he just couldn't be bothered getting it! Then he scooped the pile of roots from the poo pipe up and put it in the compost, despite me saying poo shouldn't go in there! He said it was mainly roots.
After he left I pine o cleaned every surface he came into contact with and Clarence mopped the floor!
![]() |
| Slumber party at mum and dad's |
Two nights later we had a gas leak and at 11pm went to stay at my mum and dad's. AGL sent someone out and the did a temporary repair. The guy told us we needed a gas fitter to check the inside of our home for a leak. The next day was rainy and the gas fitter and his apprentice arrived and without us saying a word removed their boots and left them at the door!! Amazing! I vote for the same plumbing company to clear the pipes next time!
Needless to say mum and dad were happy to start their day with Milo cuddles. Milo is such a noisy sleeper! We rediscovered that sharing a room with him again!
Anyway, I'm grateful it's fixed, especially after seeing the sad story on the news about the man whose van exploded due up a gas leak and killing him. Terrible! Thank God we smelt the gas and we were able to get onto it quickly. An adventurous week in our household!


No comments:
Post a Comment