 |
| The lovely house we stayed in |
 |
| View from bed, how lovely to wake up to |
 |
| View from the front door |
A few weeks ago we were meant to be on a plane to our favourite place in the world... Paris. Unfortunately I am not well enough for such adventures so we had to cancel. That was pretty hard and we held off as long as we could hoping I would feel better. Thankfully Paris will still be there when I am feeling better and despite the fact that we would be travelling with a toddler and a baby, I would prefer to do that than travel feeling really sick.
We decided not to cancel our leave and to go away to places that I could relax and feel sick and not feel like I was missing our holiday.
Our first stop was Daylesford. It is a special place for us because we got married there and have been back multiple times since. We hadn't been to stay since Milo was three months old. This time he was old enough to take it all in and enjoy himself. He was so excited by all the farm animals, he thought we were on Donald's (Old Macdonald's) farm. He sang E-I-E-I-O so many times.... SO MANY TIMES... and then he would pick an animal and we would have to sing along... I tell you, ten verses and different animals is not enough for Milo!
 |
| Feeding a donkey at Lavendula Farm (he thought it was "Donald's" farm) |
He had his first taste of scones (a big hit), enjoyed some fruit toast at a place recommended by his fruit toast loving buddy Milly (he says "thank you Minny" whenever he eats it because once she sent some home with me for him and I recorded a video of him saying thank you to her, so now he associates all fruit toast with "Minny".
 |
| Mmmmm fruit toast... |
 |
| The scone experience |
We stayed in a beautiful house with lovely views and an open fire (Clarence discovered I am good at getting a good open fire going and keeping it going). We relaxed and didn't do much other than a little outing here and there. It was lovely!
 |
| Milo doesn't smile for our family selfies just yet! |
 |
| Playing at Lavendula |
Sorry for the mixed quality photos, some are phone photos and some are camera photos!
No comments:
Post a Comment