Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Toilet Experience


The outside of the toilet block in Tsholotsho


The 'toilet' itself. I need to add that you can only see it because of the camera flash, let me tell you go in blind. See the stains around the hole? They are there because people can't see where they are aiming. Chronic dehydration was looking appealing. The smell was really bad!


This is where we actually went to the toilet (behind the toilet block). This is Natalie and Mary Katherine showing me how it's done. By day 3 I was all over it.

I had plenty of overcoming moments like this during my week in Zmbabwe. Those of who who know me well know what a germaphobe I am. I think I have eased up a bit, I survived and survived well! Thank you to Ashley who was there with me in all but one of my overcoming moments. There was also the time where I had was taking a cup of wee out to the garden to tip out after doing a pregnancy test and a kid ran into me and it spilt all over my arm and got on my scrub top... Took me about 10 minutes of squealing/crying/laughing/Emily spraying me with anti-bacterial spray to get over that one. It wouldn't be so bad if not for the communicable diseases on the rampage in Zimbabwe. I had no open wounds so it's fine, I overcame!!

No comments: