
The first three days of our medical mission trip were spent in Tsholotsho. Tsholotso is about two hours drive (it would be quicker if there weren't potholes) from where we were staying in Bulawayo. Joyce Meyer Ministries run a feeding program at the schoolwe went to (The Dombo School). It's a poor regional area. It was really cold the first couple of days and a lot of the kids are in tatty school uniforms and shorts and if they had shoes they didn't often look warm.
I don't think it is really possible for me to articulate how this experience has changed me yet. I have seen things that will probably take me a little while to process being an urban dweller from the first world. I do feel like I saw the real Zimbabwe and I do feel like our team made an incredible difference. We saw in the vicinity of 3500 people through our clinic in 5 days and as Tsholotsho is an area of poverty and great need we spent three full days there. I will let the pictures speak for themselves.
The queue on the third day in Tsholotsho
The queue in the driveway
The school entrance, queue and mode of transportation for the sickest patients
The kids loved having their photos taken
No comments:
Post a Comment