Saturday, June 25, 2011

Back to Paris


22nd June - I find travel days can be such a write off. We left our accommodation in Berlin by 10am for a lunchtime flight. The flight was a bit late, though only about 90 minutes long, then we trained it back to where we're staying in Paris. And suddenly it's 5pm.

We headed out for an early dinner to a cafe recommended by Lonely Planet, Le Philosophes. Oh my goodness! I couldn't read much of the menu, took a risk with the chicken salad and ended up with this cold chicken/Asian salad delight!! It was fabulous.

Then we headed to my favourite tea shop, Kusmi. I love tea. I discovered Kusmi on our last trip to Paris, then discovered they didn't ship to Australia. So passionate am I about nice tea (I don't drink coffee), that we ordered some and got it sent to our friend in London, to forward on to us. Big G makes the best cups of tea, so we got him a nice Kusmi gift for his office (thanks to my blog delay I can write that without spoiling anything).

Heaps of people were out and about. Massive sales started while we were in Berlin, so I think that's why. We got some ice-cream and enjoyed that in a park in the Marais on our way back to the apartment.

We definitely made the most of our travel day/evening in Paris! In between I even got some washing done!

Oh Paris, you have stolen my heart forever!

No comments: