Pont d'Arcole - our favourite bridge, we headed there almost immediately to people watch (one of our favourite things to do in Paris).
The apartment we stayed in
More of the apartment
Nice decorating touch with the books :)
These are a series of blogs from our babymoon to Paris and Berlin. I blogged on the day or the day after but I couldn't upload photos so I am just posting now that we are back. We arrived back home last night. I hope you enjoy :)
You know sometimes when something that makes you happy happens and a goofy, happy song pops into your head?
Well that was me this morning. More than 24 hours in travel time and we landed in Paris, the other place we really feel at home in. And in my head I started singing "you make me feel like dancing...". Clarence said "welcome home". Yep, that's what Paris feels like to us.
So all of you that knew we were coming who have kids told us to do it while we can and the rest of you thought we were crazy. Truth is, we booked so long ago thinking it'd be our last trip before kids and then a kid was on the way :) and being sick still we were so close to canceling... And on parts of the flight I wish we had! But having landed and despite a horrendo second flight I'm so happy to be here!
Flight one was amazing. Sensational. Didn't feel sick at all, a guy moved to a free seat across from us so we could have three seats to ourselves (awesome for the stretch out snooze), watched a few movies, excellent service... You know my food allergies helped, I ordered a bland meal, the score with that is you get served first.
Flight two... Well should've been sleeping by then and tiredness makes my morning sickness worse. I use the term 'morning' very loosely as it is more of an all day affair. The flight was late to board and I kept feeling sicker. Then I discovered this new equation: morning sickness + bad turbulence = vomiting, nausea & feeling very bad. Yuck. And all in the first three hours when there were over nine to go... The staff were sensational again. One guy even told me when he was serving breakfast this morning that he thought I am having a girl, because I look radiant like his wife did when she was pregnant with their daughter. This was after vomiting, nausea and feeling crap and having been traveling for over 24 hours. What a legend. I didn't tell him I had Nars to thank as I had just washed my face, moisturized and put make up on. Need to know basis people, I thought my eyes were hanging out of my head despite the clean face.
So now a quick blog to try and stay awake a little bit longer... We wandered into our favourite part of town and sat on our chair on our favourite people-watching bridge... Ah, wonderful!! I look forward to sharing more of our adventures with you!

2 comments:
Franni, I love your writing..I love that it feels like I am part of this journey in Paris with you as well. I want to go to Paris now oh ever so dearly...it sounds absolutely amazing.
Thanks for sharing...continue to Soar!
Thank you so much Tatenda. I just try to write how I would tell the story if we were chatting. I'm glad you enjoy reading my posts! Paris is my (our) favourite place in the world. I definitely recommend a visit! I'll try that place you put the link for, I'm willing to give macarons here a shot!!
Post a Comment