

We went to the Sunday flea market. I'm not one for making other people's trash my treasure (I love de-cluttering, not accumulating more clutter). We didn't get anything but it was fun. People don't have their dogs on leads though. That's fine in Paris when they are small, but Rottweilers? Not my thing!!
We found a cute cafe amongst a bunch of cute cafes. It seems that breakfast is a plate or a cake stand of delights you mix, match and share. I was coveting Clarence's salami big-time!!! Mmm I would love a salami sandwich right now... I probably won't feel like it when the baby is born, but at this stage a salami sandwich, just with margarine on white, bakery bread is high on the to do list. The whole no deli meat when pregnant thing is no fun! (but worth it of course).
After that we headed into town and went to the Berlin Museum. For such an old city, so much has happened in just the last century. It was very interesting.
That was Sunday. Monday we checked out our area in greater detail because all the shops were closed on Sunday. We got a few things for the baby and enjoyed another yummy meal at another cute cafe. I had a really nice soy chai too. I can get soy milk at some German cafes!
Two things I like about German cafes:
1. They provide throw rugs for the outside tables. Whilst I struggle a bit with the hygiene of this, I really like the concept.
2. I have walked past multiple cafes/restaurants in the last two days where in the morning not only do the staff wipe down the tables, but they have a bucket of soapy water and they wipe down the chairs! The first time we saw a guy doing it Clarence said "a guy after your own heart". Oh yes. Kinda cancels out the hygiene concerns noted above. Kinda, but not really! Gives me hope that they wash said throw rugs at least!
2 comments:
Germans are the cleanest, most hygienic people I know, starting with my husband who has to regularly settle for a MUCH lower standard of hygiene because of his non-clean wife.
Oh yeah I saw the chair cleaning thing more after this, I love it!!! I've never seen that happen in Australia! That's what I was expecting and that's why I was surprised Berlin was rundown in a lot of places I saw. But at least the cafe chairs were clean :)
Post a Comment