
So today we ventured over to the left bank. We started off by purchasing a pram for the baby. Clarence is pretty chilled about all choices baby (cot/furniture etc). He is interested and likes to be involved, but the pram is what he has been keen on since the start. The one he loves is half the price in Europe so we decided to get it here and bring it home, still heaps cheaper than buying it in Australia. It's exciting that the baby has wheels now. And the shop was opposite my friend Sephora, so I popped in there too hehehehe. Haven't actually bought anything there yet! The lady at the baby shop told us Australians and Americans are big into cup holders as pram accessories, whereas French people think that's kind of strange, as do Brazilians, apparently they have a lot of Brazilian customers! I need somewhere to put my water bottle or soy chai!
I googled maternity shops before we left and found a cute one called 1 et 1 font 3. Cute. We headed there too and the lady was awesome. I must've tried half the store on, it was fun and I got some nice maternity wear (I'm sure you will see some items in posts to come, watch for the cute t-shirts). We wandered around what must be an area that houses a lot of diplomats on our way to meet Sarah and Justin for lunch. It's been great seeing friends in Paris. Sarah just happened to mention in a group email last week she was doing a road trip to Paris after visiting family in Swtizerland. So we had lunch and I've got to say, the waitress was not a fan of us!
After that we ventured off to find the famous (according to the google search) Pierre Herme shop. Well, I tell you, I am converted. We got salty, buttered caramel, rose petal and chocolate flavored macarons, The chocolate was so amazing Clarence asked me to be quiet after he ate it so he could enjoy the moment a bit longer. I mean, flipping amazing. We will make the trip back (it's a bit of switching around trains to get there), just so we can eat them again. I think I will attempt to bring a few home, even though I have no idea how long macarons keep. Paris, why do you do this to me?! Crêpes, croissants, Berthillon ice-cream and now these macarons??? I am probably lucky I don't live here as I would be a fatty bumba. Although, for the record, I ate two macarons today, I am not eating all my favorite Parisienne delights together on a daily basis! The rose petal one tasted like how I would imagine a bunch of roses would taste (it was nice), I tasted Clarence's caramel (pretty amazing), and I told you about the chocolate.
It really isn't just the food I love about Paris, but boy it is an amazing part of the adventure. Clarence and I are so happy to be here, it is our favorite place in the whole world. I am so glad we came. My morning sickness is even a bit better, allowing me to sample these Parisienne delights! Besides, I have to avoid soft cheese and deli meat whilst I am pregnant, but there aren't any warnings with the sweet stuff!
1 comment:
Love love love Macrons, I actually want to try making some...The ones you bought look oh sooo delightful.
Thanks for sharing all your posts on Paris...I'm falling in love with this city too...I think a trip there is a MUST!
Post a Comment